French teenager school in Montpellier
Our summer school is located in a private French school, the Collège Ste-Famille, that the school uses exclusively for the summer. It is located 10 minutes from Montpellier’s historical centre. Students have everything they need to learn French in the best conditions and to make the most of their language stay in the south of France.
Facilities include :
- 10 fully-equipped, spacious light classrooms
- A wide enclosed courtyard for students to enjoy the sun during breaktimes
- A canteen where the students have their lunch on weekdays
The standard course focuses on grammar work and the development of oral and written skills through entertaining and motivational learning activities. Our dynamic teaching approach based on an active learning process stimulates young students, encourages their interest in language and improves their knowledge of French culture
|Lessons per week||20||Duration||1-4 weeks|
|Levels||Beginner to Advanced||Students per class||Maximum 15|
|Minutes per lesson||45||Minimum age||13|
Students can book an additional 4 private lessons on top of their group course to further progress their French language skills or to prepare for an exam.
Accommodation will be reserved for junior students in single or generally shared bedrooms on a first-come first-served basis. Please note that we will try to accommodate your specific wishes and requests as much as possible, but cannot guarantee this at all times. We will try to place only one student speaking the same language per family, but this is not always possible in busy periods.
Your host family will welcome you as a paying guest to their home and trust that you will respect their way of life. Our host families live in flats/villas in Montpellier itself, or in immediate surrounding areas. You should have no more than 35 minutes’ travelling time by bus to reach the school, although this is normally less.
Only available for students 14 yrs+.
The Residence le Clemenceau is in the town centre only 10 minutes’ walk from Place de la Comédie, the heart of Montpellier, and a 5-minute walk from the summer school. Accommodation will be reserved for students in a single or double ‘studio’ (NB there is only a very limited number of double studios, allocated on a first-come first-served basis). Please note that we will try to accommodate your specific wishes and requests as much as possible, but cannot guarantee this at all times.
All studios have free unlimited Wifi, en-suite shower, washbasin and toilet, fridge and small cooking area. Students should bring two towels- one for everyday use and one for the beach. There are cold and hot drink dispensers, as well as a laundry room with washing-machines and dryers (around 4.60 € per programme), available on
- Host family students will be met from and taken to Montpellier airport or station by their host family (inclusive in programme fees).
- Residence students can make their own way from/to Montpellier airport or station by bus or taxi. Alternatively residence students can book a transfer at an extra cost.
- Welcome Meeting
- Town Walk
- Beach games
- Indoor Games
- Video Nights
- Farewell Evening (beach or disco)
(one a week)
- Grotte de Clamouse/Pont du Diable
- Lac du Crès.
(one a week)
- Avignon/Pont du Gard
- the Camargue
- Grotte des Demoiselles/St Guilhem
- La Bambouseraie
- Uzès/Musée du Bonbon Haribo
- Lac du Crès
We place great emphasis on looking after our students 24 hours a day; members of our staff live in the residence with the students. Fully qualified (BAFA) members of our staff together with group leaders ensure that the appropriate levels of supervision and control are maintained at all times and that help is at hand should it be required, and there is a school emergency number 24/7.
- Host family students must return to their host family immediately after evening activities. On evenings and Sundays when there are no school activities organised, students must stay in their host family.
- Residence students must go back to the residence immediately after evening activities. On evenings and Sundays when there are no school activities organised, students will have the opportunity to stay in the residence or spend free time in the centre of Montpellier. If students choose to spend free time in the centre of town they must be back at the residence by 23:00 hrs at the latests. Residence students are always accompanied to and from the town centre.
All inclusive package
1 lesson = 45 minutes / Minimum age = 13
|ADMINISTRATION FEE: € 50.00||Inclusive package|
shared room/ full board
shared room/ full board
|STANDARD COURSE 20 lessons per week / Max. 15 per class||€ 760.00 per week||€ 760.00 per week|
|Course & activities||Course only|
|STANDARD COURSE 20 lessons per week / Max. 15 per class||€ 390.00 per week||€ 225.00 per week|
|EXTRA NIGHT||€ 50.00 per night|
|4 x ADDITIONAL PRIVATE LESSONS||€ 220.00|
|TRANSFER FROM MONTPELLIER AIRPORT*||One way: € 55.00||Two way: € 90.00|
|TRANSFER FROM MONTPELLIER STATION*||One way: € 40.00||Two way: € 80.00|
*Transfers inclusive if staying with a host family.
|All levels including beginners can start on the dates shown below:|
Summer school closes on Saturday 19th August 2017.
|PUBLIC HOLIDAYS||14 July & 15 August. Lessons lost on these public holidays will not be made up but an activity will be held in place of lessons.|